miércoles, 13 de abril de 2016

Blur's Gig

It was November 2013, and the day was way too hot because the spring weather. It was the first time that Blur was coming to Chile. Years ago they were supposed to visit the country but it failed in the end. It was in the nineties, the decade that Britpop exploded. And I was so excited because I was going to see one of my favourite bands in their first gig ever in my country.

 Blur is one of the most iconic bands of the english sound of Britpop, a very popular musical movement at the later eighties and early nineties in England. Bands like The Stone Roses, The Smiths, Oasis and Suede came from this sound. Blur and Oasis were something like the most important britpop´s bands in the moment, and had very funny rivalry episodes between the two bands, throwing garbage between both.

They started the concert with one of their most famous hits: "Girls and Boys". I didn't see that coming, I mean they started with one of their most powerful songs, when the riff begun people got crazy and jumped very hard, after the song I was out of voice and it was just the first one! The gig continued all the way like that: Hit after hit with a lot of fans singing, dancing and jumping like crazy, I don't know how I got the voice to keep singing all the concert.

    


    

They returned to Chile again last year and I didn’t have enough money to go. I don’t really care, I went to their very first concert here and that have some kind of “legendary” status. One of the best concerts of my life indeed.

2 comentarios:

  1. Salutes Fernando.
    I have never been in the Estadio Nacional but I think it must be a very intense experience, especially if you are listening to one of your favorite bands.
    I am not into bands as Blur but I really appreciate Damon Albarn's work in Gorillaz.
    Have a nice day.
    Eduardo.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Fernando, I love Blur too! It's a shame that I couldn't attend to the concert, but I hope someday I'd do it.
    Have a good day.

    ResponderEliminar