sábado, 23 de abril de 2016

English in my life


One of my favourite childhood memories it's me (five or six years old) playing a Super Nintendo in my room. I think I got it borrowed from a friend or cousin. Well, the thing is that in that years, videogames were never translated to spanish, so everytime that I wasn`t understanding what to do in the videogame I asked my mom what to do. She oftens gave me the answer but most of time she just said "Go and get an english dictionary, search for it". So, in my childhood english got importance to understand how to play my videogames.

Later, as a teeneger, english got really important in my life because of music. I started to listen a lot of english bands and I really wanted to know what they were talking about in their music. In my last school years english got even more important because of a book: The catcher in the Rye. I read it in spanish but got me very hard in what poetry means about. I like a lot some english writers, and even if I read their books in spanish, I always like to search for their short tales or poems and read it in english because I know there is something else when you read a english poem not translated.

Now, I finally get how important was for my mom to be sure that I learnt english very well, because she works a lot in international business and she understand how important is to know english in this years. She is really excited about the idea of me leaving home (of course) to go living in a country where people speak in english, like USA, Canada or England. She really cares about it and I understand it and share that dream too.

    

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Fernando, what a coincidence:
    about three weeks ago I almost bought The Catcher in the Rye in English. I should have done it, now I regret it.
    Take care, and keep playing videogames, it's good for your health.

    ResponderEliminar